Electerical Safety Tips

Wiring, outlets, switches, circuit breakers and other electrical devices are the leading cause of fires and fire deaths. Here is a list of some of the tips for fire prevention, based on the most common causes of fires:
• Replace or repair loose or frayed cords on all electrical devices.
• If outlets or switches feel warm, shut off the circuit and have them checked by an electrician.
• Try to avoid extension cords. If you feel an extension cord is necessary, make sure that it is not frayed or worn. Do not run it under carpet or around doorways.
• Never overload a socket. The use of “octopus” outlets or “power bar”, outlet extensions that accommodate several plugs, is strongly discouraged. Try to limit one high-wattage appliance into each individual outlet at a time.
• If a circuit breaker trips or a fuse blows frequently, cut down on the number of appliances on that line. In many older homes, the capacity of the wiring system has not kept pace with today’s modern appliances and can overload electrical systems. Some overload signals include: dimming lights when an appliance goes on, fuses blowing frequently or shrinking TV picture.
• Assure there’s plenty of air space around home entertainment units such as the TV and stereo to avoid overheating.
For getting electerical safety audit at your plant or building you may visit Elion Technologies at www.elion.co.in

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>