Never replace a fuse or circuit breaker with one that exceeds the amperage rating for a given circuit.otherwise it will not disconnect the circuit at over currents
Work on electrical equipment and conductors only when de energized, unless procedures and safeguards have been established to ensure zero exposure for the worker and other people in the area.
In multi storey building, portable fire extinguishers shall be sited at the same position on each floor, that is top of stairs flights or at corner of corridors where possible in groups forming fire points, where possible in shallow recess.
It is important to train your safety team in the use of your fire extinguishers. Improper use may cause the fire to spread and result in a failure to extinguish the fire.
always ensure to use appliances with 3 pin plugs and connect them to 3 pin sockets only.other wise overloading can cause heating and it will cause fire.
Don’t run extension cords under rugs or across doorways, and never hang them over nails. This may cause the insulation to deteriorate, exposing a wire that can cause a fire or electric shock.
Always Plan escape routes from each floor and practice using them. Be sure you can open doors and windows from the inside without a key.
Always use switches of the correct current rating and preferably with indicators to indicate whether the switch is ON/OFF
Do not overload electrical outlets or use extension cords in place of additional outlets,as it will cause heating of the electrical outlets.
In case of a short circuit or a fire, switch off the mains instantly Make sure that you have easy access to switch off the supply source quickly, in case of an emergency